Monday 15 September 2014

Christmas Owl

The new seasons Christmas paper pads have just arrived into our shops - and I couldn't resist purchasing some of them!


I would like to enter my card into these challenges:
Dilly Beans - Anything Goes
http://www.dillybeanschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/dilly-beans-challenge-anything-goes.html
Craft Your Passion - Going Round in Circles
http://craftyourpassionchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/challenge-230-going-round-in-circles.html
Completely Christmas - Anything Goes
http://suzysmarty1.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/completely-christmas-challenge-29.html
Open Minded Crafting Fun - Roll Out The Red
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.co.nz/2014/09/challenge-19-roll-out-red.html

I have used a paper from one of my new purchases.  This one is from a paper pad by Sugar and Spice called "Tweetie Christmas".  They are double sided papers which does make it hard to choose which side to use!  The image that I have used is from Dilly Beans.  I ran with the red colour scheme even using R000 on the holly leaves!  However, I did add a touch of yellow on the beak using Y06.  The other reds that I have used are R59, R46, R17 and R14.  I also added some Stickles to the image.  The matting is red glitter cardstock from DCWV.  I also added some small buttons embellished with some red and white twine from American Crafts.

6 comments:

  1. Looks very nice.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah bless adorable love it and thank you for joining us at Completley Christmas hope to see u again real soon hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the glitter paper as well as the design paper you used for this red challenge at Open-Minded Crafting. Great work. Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Christmas card love the cute image and backing paper-thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suze, this is a wonderful card. I love the owls. Great paper! Thank you for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun for our Roll Out the Red Challenge.

    Emily T.
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove this! Such a great background as well for this great image!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete