Thursday 28 August 2014

Christmas Present

Another Christmas card - which is almost monochromatic!


I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Create own paper
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2014/08/dtbst-243-create-paper.html
CHNC - Merry and Bright
http://craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/chnc-challenge-191-merry-and-bright.html


I had a blast creating my own paper - I haven't done this in a long time!  I used some Adirondack Dye Ink Pads - Mountain Rose, Cranberry and Currant.  I started with the lightest one (and a shaving brush) and worked through to the darkest one stippling over the page.  Once I had a nice coverage, I inked up a wooden stamp (brand is not on the stamp!) and stamped it over the top using Currant. 

The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and has been coloured with copic markers E00, E35, E31, YG09, YG03, R59, R46.  I used a Spellbinder Beaded Oval die to cut the image and then added some red bling.  I also used some Christmas tree ribbon from Sugar and Spice Studio.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering your lovely creation for CHNC challenge 191 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 191 - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete