Thursday 12 June 2014

Sew Perfect


I got this image a couple of week's ago but hadn't had the chance to use it.  I was attracted to the image as my teenage daughter and her friend have been on our sewing machine as often as they can lately making costumes to wear to Armaggedon.  My daughter took on an extremely ambitious challenge of making a Victorian dress that was worn by one of Dr Who's assistants!  Needless to say she didn't finish it by this one so will wear it to the bigger one in October.

Enough ramble - on to the card:

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
MelJens Designs - Sew Perfect
http://meljensdesignsdt.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/challenge-213-sew-perfect.html
CHNC - Patterned Paper for June
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-june.html

I have used a background paper from DCWV for the background.  The image is from MelJens Designs and has been coloured with copic markers YG04, Y06, R000, V17, V15.  I added some faux zig-zag stitching using a Distress Marker - Spun Sand.    I also used some pale pink mesh ribbon and a bright pink rhinestone.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card love the CAS style and colours. Thanks so much for joining us over at Meljen’s Design Team & Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Meljen’s Designs Design Team & Challenge Blog
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper June challenge with your lovely creation - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete