Wednesday 11 June 2014

Gift Of Wings

This is another song inspired card - although I have to admit I struggled a bit with this one initially.



I am entering my card into these challenges:
A Song in your He{ART} - Gift of Wings
http://asonginyourart.blogspot.ca/2014/05/a-song-in-your-heart-challenge-8.html
Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge - Things With Wings
http://open-mindedcraftingfun.blogspot.co.nz/2014/06/challenge-12-something-with-wings.html

I have used a butterfly patterned paper from Kaisercraft.  The image is from Aurora Wings and has been coloured with copic markers G21, G000, YG00, E00 plus some Stickles on the dress trim.  I die-cut some leaves using a Memory Box die and some glitter cardstock - the die actually has three leaves but the third one was hanging over the edge of the card so I chopped it off!

The monochromatic look wasn't originally intended - I took my colour scheme from the background paper which leant itself to a monochromatic look!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely CAS style card, image is coloured beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I like the green colour scheme.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun.
    Julie DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow love how you have left the digi be the centerpiece of this card! The coloring is aweome as is the sparkle on her wings.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks gorgous in the soft pastel colour, thanks for joining us at Open Minded Challenges this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! Love that image!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is beautiful!!!! I love it!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HE{ART} challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete