Monday 14 October 2013

Awareness

This week I worked with this lovely image from Ike's World:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Ike's World - Awareness
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-2-awareness-our-1st-challenge.html
Love To Create - Breast Cancer Awareness
http://lovetocreatechallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/challenge-86-breast-cancer-awareness.html
Papertake Weekly - Two By Two (ribbons & pearls)
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/two-by-two.html
Outlawz Friday Challenge - Awareness (ribbon)
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/copicchallenge/forum/topics/alcohol-markers-challenge-october-11th-17th
PINspirational Challenge - Photo Inspiration
http://pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/10/pinspirational-challenge-78.html

I have used a paper from DCWV - Girls matstack.  The image was supplied as part of the challenge at Ike's World (link above).  I have coloured the image using copic markers - not sure of the darker pink but the pink on the eyelids is RV10 and the skin tone is E00 with some E000.  I used RV21 on the sentiment from McMahon Five.  I have also used some pink lace from my stash and some light pink pearls from Sullivans.

9 comments:

  1. Beautifully coloured - so delicate and I love the lacy bit. The Hope circle you made looks like one awesome badge :-)
    Fabulous card and thank you for playing at IKE'sWORLD Challenges :-D

    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely awareness card, thanks for sharing at PTW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and BP love the lace and the badge.Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Suze, great colouring of the digi and I love the background paper with the lace, just perfect. Good luck in the IKEsWORLD challenge hun, hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suze: Your card really typifies the tenderness of the issue of Breast Cancer. It appears from your picture that the image is colored in pastel type colors. It looks very soft in the most beautiful way - very serene, something we envision when we think of the delicacy of the whole issue of Breast Cancer yet we know it hits both men and womyn, which makes it even more of a delicate issue. Man are known to have a very difficult time when diagnosed with breast cancer and that is the first thing I thought of when I looked at your creation - the tenderness and delicate way in which the issue is treated with men in particular. Suze, I really love your HOPE circle. It felt like a circle of life to me. I am wondering if you created that yourself? It is really quite stunning and brings all the issues of Ike's World Challenge to the entry. Thanks for that. Your colors are such a contrast to how you colored Ike's image, which for me make her stand out so beautifully - I love your DP and how you let your viewers know exactly what you used. That is so helpful and I know that takes time to do. It is very generous of you to share that information. I also love the lace. Very soft and beautiful. Suze, I really enjoyed looking deeply at your card. You have created a wonderful piece that will give people alot of joy and really speaks to Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Way to go! Soulfully Yours, Samara DT Ike's World Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love what you created with this image. Beautifully coloring. Bright background and a simple word makes this very powerful. Awesome lace! So happy you entered Ike's World Challenges.
    Shoni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, the image is beautiful and your soft colouring is perfect.
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card Suze. The sentiment is a wonderful match to Ike's beautiful image. I'm so glad you had the opportunity to come over and play with us in the Awareness challenge at Ike's World. Given that you've been away, it was nice that you were able to squeak this in at the last minute.

    Lisa- DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Suze, I love the way your card turned out and thanks so much for sharing it with us at {PIN}spirational Challenges. I wish you luck!

    Come and follow me, kReN@ http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete