Wednesday 25 September 2013

Shades Of Brown - Flowers

Flowers in various shades of brown:

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Brown Sugar - Shades of Brown
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/challenge-60-shades-of-brown.html
Catch The Bug - September BINGO
http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/september-bingo-challenge.html

My BINGO line is embossing + handmade embellishment + sentiment

I have used an embossing folder and brown cardstock to create the background for this card.  The image is from Bugaboo Stamps.  I don't think I've ever tried to colour flowers in browns before so decided to challenge myself to do that with this image!  I have used various copic markers in brown shades.  The handmade flower has been created with pearlised paper.  I rubbed one side with one colour of Cat's Eye pigment ink and the other side with a darker brown.  I then cut this out with my Marianne's flower die and crafted it into a flower.  I added some brown pearls for a bit more interest and also some Glossy Accents to the centres of the flowers in the image.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this card Suze. Great use of the "shades of brown" theme. You have inspired me to colour some brown flowers now. Thanks for joining us at the Brown Sugar Challenge this week. Good luck.
    Lynn, DT Member
    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love the shades of brown. Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Catch The Bug.
    Nancy CTB-DT

    ReplyDelete