Friday 13 September 2013

Red and Black Snake

I grew up in an area where our regional colours were Red and Black.  Despite living where I am now for almost as long, I still feel more patriotic to red and black!  Creating this card with this colour scheme is making me go all nostalgic!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Totally Papercrafts - Red and Black with a touch of white
http://totallypapercrafts.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/challenge183-redblack-option-of-touch.html
Incy Wincy Designs- Sketch
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/09/its-sketch-time.html


I have used two papers from DIY Digital Designs for the background of the card.  The image is Snakey from Kenny K.  I have used copic markers 100 and R29 for the colouring plus some Glossy Accents to create googly eyes!  The sentiment is from Desert Diva.  The ric-rac is from American Crafts I think (it had come off it's roll so can't be totally sure!) and the buttons are some more that I raided from my Mum's button box (with her permission of course!).

The design is based on the sketch at the Incy Wincy Designs challenge (link above).  I love sketches and this one is a great one to use.  I changed the flowers for buttons and the shape of the sentiment but otherwise followed the sketch fairly literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment