Wednesday 18 September 2013

Paper Piecing


I'm not a great fan of paper piecing but I don't like to let any challenge get the better of me (although this does happen a bit!!!).  However, I am really pleased with how this one turned out.  Maybe I might get to like paper piecing.......or maybe not!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
CRAFT Challenge - Paper Piecing
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/challenge-224-12th-of-september-paper.html
The Outlawz Saturday Challenge - Monochrome
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/saturdayscarpbookingchallenge/forum/topics/paper-a-la-mode-september-14-20-monochromatic
Trimgym - Anything Goes
http://trimgymsdigistampsandimages.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/september-challenge-better-late-than.html

I have used a paper from Trimgym for the paper piecing and the background.  The image comes from Stitchy Bear Stamps.  I coloured using copic markers and then added some Stickles - Starry Night to her hair ties as they were kind of disappearing into her hair colour.  The matting is metallic paper - I have also added some lavender grosgrain ribbon from American Crafts and some lavender pearls from Sullivans.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely creation, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you have won or if you have been chosen in our Top3. Also don't miss out on challenges and freebies on my digistamp blog.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card Suze, thanks for joining in this month.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she turned out beautiful. Great job with your paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete