Wednesday 21 August 2013

Summer Reading Bookmark

I can never find a bookmark when I need one, so I think I'll be keeping this one for myself!

I am entering my bookmark into the following challenges:
Sassy Studio Designs - Dare To Be Sassy Thursday
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-190.html
Glitter n Sparkle - Anything But a Square
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-46.html

I have used an offcut of cardstock for the base of the bookmark.  The paper that I have used comes from Create with TLC.  The embossed panel uses cardstock from DCWV and an M-bossibilites folder.  I have covered the join with some gold glitter tape from American Crafts.  The image is from Sassy Studio Designs and has been coloured with copic markers.  I then decided I wanted to glam her up a bit so added some Stickles - Orange Peel and Yellow to her clothing.  I added stitch lines around the image as well.  I punched a hole in the end of the bookmark and added two long pieces of organza ribbon. 

7 comments:

  1. How cute! I love to read so bookmarks always intrigue me. Great job with this one :)
    ~Deb~
    The Bling Chronicles DT
    CDAC DT Member
    A Look Through My Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and lovely bookmark Suze. I never use bookmarks as my Kindle keeps me right. lol. Hugs, Jen xx
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. great bookmark,Thanks for joining us at Delicious doodles x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very fun bookmark.
    Paulette
    TlcCreations

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful creation. Love your use of the theme: Anything but a square . Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Hugs Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely book mark thanks foe sharing with glitter n sparkle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. opps i mean glittered , i had my do all comments head on sorry suzi

    ReplyDelete