Tuesday 13 August 2013

Monkey on Vacation

Actually, this isn't my idea of a vacation, but I know several people who do like to ski.



I am entering the card into the following challenges:
The Outlawz Wednesday Challenge - Sketch
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/sketchchallenge/forum/topics/wednesday-sketch-challenge-august-7th
Penny's Paper - Dry Embossing
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-139.html
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-54-anything-goes.html

I created my own background for this card.  I swiped a Distress Ink pad across the card in different directions.  I think I used Tumbled Glass.  I then stippled on another Distress Ink using a shaving brush.  I used Wild Honey for this.  The embossed panels are some leftover blue cardstock which I think might be Bazills Basics.  I embossed the piece using an embossing folder called Tuscan Tiles which looks very much like snowflakes!  The blue grosgrain ribbon is from American Crafts.  The images is from Bugaboo Stamps and coloured using copic markers.  The matting is the same blue cardstock that I used for the embossing.  Die-cutting is with Spellbinders circle dies.

3 comments:

  1. I just love this little monkey Suze, he is so cute. Hugs, Jen x
    Krafty Keepsakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card
    Thanks for joining in at Pennys Paper Crafty Challenge this week
    Hugs katie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for entering the anything goes challenge at Brown Sugar this week - good luck on the draw - a new challenge starts tomorrow! Come join us! Gail DT

    ReplyDelete