Wednesday 21 August 2013

Mixed Media Canvas

I had a heap of fun playing with this canvas:


I am entering this canvas into the following challenges:
De Creatieve Zebra - Anything Goes
http://decreatievezebra.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-30-alles-mag.html
Outlawz Thursday Challenge - Mixed Media
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/prismaandothermediums/forum/topics/twisted-thursdays-challenge-aug-15-21-mixed-media

I started with a blank canvas and painted it with acrylic paint.  While still wet I placed a serviette over the top.  As it has dried the dog has picked up some of the background colour!  I have added various bits and pieces almost in a smash book style.  The scrunched up sentiment by Folded Paper and Printed Pixels has been inked with Distress Ink.  I applied some black Memento ink around the edges of the canvas.  There is a strip of washi tape there, some Stickles - Candy Cane, Glossy Accents, glitter, Bakers Twine.  I also added a die-cut snowflake cut from glossy cardstock from DCWV using a Spellbinders Die.  I then applied some metallic rub-ons over the top and a glitter dome to the centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment