Saturday 17 August 2013

Glittery Mermaid

This birthday card is for a special girl who often comes and sits with me when I am at the swim pool and picks out my copic marker colours for me.  Which is why I sometimes don't have the numbers included in my posts!  This is one card I have managed to keep away from her so she hasn't seen it at all.  I wanted a bit of an aquatic theme to it.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Glitter n Sparkle - Summer
http://glitternsparklechallengeblog.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/challenge-45.html
Fresh Brewed Designs - Beach/Ocean + glitter
http://freshbreweddesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/month-long-prize-challenge-august.html

I have used a paper from Publicado.  While it wasn't specifically a beach pattern, it has a sandy colour at the bottom and a more sea/sky colour at the top and I thought it was a perfect background for this image.  I have added some Stickles - Crystal to the background paper to give it more of a watery feel.  The image that I have used comes from Fresh Brewed Designs.  I have coloured using copic markers R59, E25, E00, YR02, YR00, B23, YR04.  I went over the tail with Stickles - Orange Peel.  I also added a pearl to the flower in her hair.  The sentiment is from Sans Designs. I edged the sentiment and image with some dots using Distress Marker - walnut stain.  I cut a flower from an offcut of orange scrapbook paper using a Marianne's die.  I added a rhinestone to the centre of the flower and some extras radiating out from the flower.

2 comments:

  1. wow. such a gorgeous card! and special too! your little friend will cherish it. thanks for joining us at fresh brewed designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am so late commenting on this beautiful card! I LOVE the soft, simple layout. The mermaid is showcased beautifully! I know your friend loved it! So very sweet and thoughtful of you to create it for her (and to create WITH her:) Something I am sure she will never forget!
    Big smiles,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete