Sunday 11 August 2013

Favourite Ice-cream

When I think of ice-cream challenges, I think of an little village/town that is a couple of hours away from where I live.  I've put a link here of some googled images and hope this works:

https://www.google.co.nz/search?q=pokeno+ice+cream&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=j5QGUomZN82CkgWw-YCoBA&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQsAQ&biw=966&bih=540

Check out the size of these ice-creams!

I've only ever managed a four scoop, my son has had a five scoop and my daughter a seven scoop!
Anyway, after that slight digression, here is my card:

I am entering my card into the following challenges:
Digi Darla - Favourite ice-cream flavour (Mango Ripple)
http://digidarlas.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/digi-darla-74.html
Incy Wincy Designs - Gatefold Card
http://incywincydesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/gatefold-card.html
Penny's Paper - Dry Embossing
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/welcome-to-pennys-challenge-139.html
Papertake Weekly Challenge - Anything Goes
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/anything-goes.html

I have added embossed panels to the fronts of the card using some pearlised paper and an embossing folder.  The image is from Digi Darla and has been coloured with copic markers YR02, YR00, YR31, YR61, E00 plus I have added a tiny red pearl for the cherry and some Stickles - Star Dust over the shoes and bow.  My daughter used to have some sparkly shoes like that when she was a lot younger than she is now!  Matting is orange cardstock.

3 comments:

  1. Seriously, seven scoops of ice cream? I've never managed to make it beyond two. Probably a really, really good thing though. Loved the linked pictures, I just don't have a clue how anyone could eat all that ice cream in one sitting! Never mind even bringing the melting factor into play.

    Anyways, I was over catching up on my DD entries and noticed this one from you so had to come and take a look. Love the embossing you've got going on in this great gatefold card. Cute sparkly shoes too. Okay that is it, I must make one of my next cards a gatefold. Shouldn't be too difficult right. I've made gatefold easels so this should be easier. My goal will be by end of Aug. to create one. Let's see how I do.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and sweet! Love the gatefold and image! How fun! Beautiful embossing and shimmer! I can't image seven scoops of ice cream! Wow! My children would be smiling from ear to ear! :) Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy Designs!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card, Suze. Love the bright colours.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge,and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete