Sunday 25 August 2013

Back To School

Back To School isn't until February next year so this kinda seems weird making it now - but at least I'm ahead of the game!  We are heading into exam time before Christmas holidays.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Whoopsi Daisy - Back To School
http://cutedaisymay.blogspot.co.nz/2013/08/back-to-school-challenge.html
Outlawz Friday Challenge - Back To School
http://outlawzchallenges.ning.com/group/copicchallenge/forum/topics/alcohol-markers-group-challenge-23-30-august

I had another couple of images I considered for this card - but rejected them as the footwear wasn't right for school!  I went with this one as it looked more like suitable schoolwear.   I have used three different papers from a matstack by DCWV called "A Type of Art" to represent reading, writing and arithmetic!  I also used some glitter numbers to reinforce the arithmetic side of things!  The image is from Whoopsi Daisy and is coloured with copic markers BG49, BG23, E00, R59, E08, Y06 and Y02.  The copic marker experts are probably cringing at my combinations of colours but for some reason R59 and E08 work really well together particularly to get auburn colouring for hair!  I think the BG49 and BG23 seem to work okay together too.  I added a sentiment from Digital Doodling cut with a Spellbinders pennant die.  I used a Nellie Snellen die for the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment