Tuesday 30 July 2013

Butterfly Butterfly

A nice butterfly theme card this time:


I am entering this card into the following challenges:

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Sketch
http://sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/paper-additctions-and-sweet-sketch.html
Platypus Creek Digitals - Things with Wings
http://www.platypuscreekdigitals.blogspot.co.nz/2013/07/challenge-37.html

I have followed this sketch for this card:


I have used background papers from two different companies.  The checky one is from MME and the butterfly one comes from Mariposa Matstack by DCWV.  The image is from Platypus Creek Digitals and is called Ulysses Butterfly.  Matting is cardstock by Rosies Studio.  I have kept the colouring simple for this card and only used copic marker YR02.  The die-cut butterfly matched perfectly with that colour - this die came free with a magazine.  I have also added some Stickles along the inner edges of the butterfly paper.

Sadly, this is the last challenge at Platypus Creek Digitals.  I have really enjoyed participating in these challenges and will miss them.  I am going to try and complete two cards using Platypus Creek Digitals for this final challenge - this one is the first of them.  I have another winged image that I hope to be able to use. 

4 comments:

  1. You can never have too many butterflies! Pretty! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute butterfly. I love You fun paper and butterfly die cut. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Suze. Such pretty butterflies all over! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card, I love it! Thank you for joining us for our last challenge at platypus creek.

    ReplyDelete