Monday 26 November 2012

My first Christmas wreath

For a long time, I have wanted to have a go at making my own christmas wreath but always lacked the courage.  The most challenging thing about this wreath was actually getting the wreath shape in the first place - particularly as I had this absolutely absurd idea of using green tinsel!
I have used a plastic coated wire for the base circle.  Possibly should have used something heavier but it seems to be holding shape at the moment and I have hung it up for a few days to check!  I have tied little white bows around the tinsel in various places then added some holly and gold poinsettia.  The silver stars that you can see were already on the tinsel - which is why I wanted to use that particular tinsel!

I am entering this wreath into the following challenges:

Tuesday Alchemy - Anything but a card
http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.gr/2012/11/challenge-41-anything-but-card.html
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/challenge-17-anything-goes.html
Crimbo Crackers - Anything Goes
http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.co.nz/2012/11/challenge-29-anything-goes.html





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment ... And what a lovely wreath. I've seen a wonderful one from Dandelion Designs using linen rags and might just have to create my own version of it ... just have to find a wire coathanger (I don't have any lol!)
    Good luck with your entries.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wreath turned out great Suze. Just wanted to say thanks for your last two comments. You always inspire me to keep going so thanks for that!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete