Thursday 23 August 2012

Blue Blue Winter Sports

I have combined two challenges for this card:
Winter Wonderland - Winter Sports
http://christmasblogchallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/its-winter-sports-with-winter.html
Christmas Challenges {with sketches} - sketch and twist
http://christmaschallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/challenge-38-with-twist-sponsored-by.html


The twist for this challenge was to use blue, white and snowflakes.  The sketch and the colour scheme gave me the inspiration to complete my Winter Wonderland card as I had only got as far as selecting an image and then had creative block!




I have used co-ordinating blue papers from Trimgym.  These worked really well together and were in the blue and white colour scheme.  The image is from Eiglassing and is called Winter Twins.  I kept the colour scheme almost completely blue for the image as well - even to the blue lips!  I resisted putting a blue tinge to their skin though!!

The blue ribbon is overlaid over the lace - these are two separate pieces.  The sentiment has been stamped using Distress Ink - tumbled glass.

I have punched some snowflakes from various scrap pack pieces and glittered them up with some Crystallina Kindy Glitz.  To finish the card, I have added some little pearls.

6 comments:

  1. love the soft blues really pretty, thank you for joining us at the Winter Wonderland this week
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blues. Thanks formplaying at WW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at CCWS. Hope to see you next time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, greatvto see how you used my sketch. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Challenges {with sketches}.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, I thought I recognised Ei's work there.

    Love,

    Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at CCWS this time. Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete