Sunday 26 August 2012

Bear Minimum

A keep it simple challenge at Pikes Playground:
http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/bear-minimum-keep-it-simple-challenge.html

This one should have been easy for me as it is my preferred style of card.  However, for some reason I just couldn't get started with this one.  Then I saw a post on Dustin's website regarding Kards for Kenton:
http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/08/kards-for-kenton.html
That was the inspiration for this card:




While the design is relatively simple the paper has a lot of detail on it.  They are paper scraps from a collage pack that I've had for quite a while.  I particularly like the lion for courage as Kenton is showing lots of that.

The design in based on a sketch from Kenny K Krafty Krew.
http://kennykskraftykrew.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/challenge-107-get-sketchy.html
which I felt was perfect for this card.

The image is from Doodle Dragon Studios.  I would have liked to have used the lion image that I had for this but the challenge included a bear so Kenton has a bear with an ice-cream.  The black rhinestones are some diamond shaped ones I found recently.  I have added a bit of glossy accents to the bear's nose and the ice-cream to give a bit of shine.

I uploaded this post before I went to work in case I wasn't home in time to meet the deadline.  Since I have been home, I have decorated the inside of the card so thought I'd add a photo of that:


I probably still need to work on improving the inners of my cards as this is my best effort to date.  I usually just put a folded inner inside the card with a stamped greeting.  Does anyone have any tips or links to tutorials that I can learn from?














1 comment: