Wednesday 27 June 2012

A sepia card

The challenge at Shelly's Images was anything goes. 

http://shellysimagesblog.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/terrifically-thrilling-thursday_21.html
I wanted to make something different to what I usually do and this is what I came up with:




I have used a paper from TLC Creations called Building Papers 2 and an image from TLC Creations called 1100 Vintage American Town Collage.  The sentiment is one from Desert Diva.

I have kept the colouring simple - just going over the image and sentiment with a shaving brush stippling Distress Ink - vintage photo over the top of both.  The card actually looks a little deeper sepia colour than it has come out in the photo.

I have a lot of friends heading off on travels at the moment so this card will be perfect for one of them.  Shame I'm not going anywhere!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Suze, and greetings from me here in Las Vegas, NV. It's always a pleasure to meet crafters everywhere. I absolutely adore this card, and think it's amazingly sweet. I have a challenge blog called Word Art Wednesday, and I would just LOVE to have you stop by and play along with us. It would be such a blessing to see your gorgeous work in our challenges. We never limit the number of challenges you may combine, so feel free to link it up!

    I hope you're enjoying your summer, and that you will stop by to check us out and play along.
    Have a blessed week, and happy crafting! Good luck in the challenge at Shelly's Images.

    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    P.S. I have blog candy!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. SIMPLY awesome Suze! Unique and very artsy! Love it! Thanks so much for joining our "SHOW US WHAT YOU GOT" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
    Darlene
    Shelly's Images DT
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete