Thursday 21 June 2012

Let's Go Fly a Kite

It is windy enough here today to probably go fly a kite.....but....this post is about the latest challenge at Jellypark Friends:
http://jellyparkchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/lets-go-fly-kite.html

And here is the card that I created for it:

This isn't exactly what I had in mind when I first started creating this card but I was in a bit of a random mood when I sat down to work on it and this is the end result!

For some reason I decided to get out the distress inks and a shaving brush and stipple all over the die cut image.  The colours that I used were mustard seed, wild honey and spiced marmalade.  When I cut the oval for the matt using one of my Spellbinders oval dies, I cut it in white and then swiped the spiced marmalade distress ink across it - hence the randomness of colour on the matt.  I added some copic colouring to the die-cut - E41 to the hedgie, YG11 for the grass, YR07 and BV13 to the kite and YR61 to the mushrooms and flowers.  The image that I used for this card is one from Spyders Corner.

The background papers I used were some more from my stash.  I have hoarded heaps of paper and now making myself use some of it!  I cut the papers on the diagonal to tie in with the kite theme and laid a piece of orange grosgrain ribbon across the join.  The bow has been constructed from some ribbon cord that I found in my local discount store last week.  The cord is a rainbow one which changes colours regularly along it's length.

4 comments:

  1. Suze: Beautiful!

    Diane
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your little hedgie is precious! he looks so fun with his kite!
    thank you for joining us at Jellypark Friends in our 'let's go fly a kite' challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, I love the colours you've used :)
    Thanks for joining us at Jellypark Friends & good luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't found this one!! You've won a digi of your choice from the store for this lovely card using my digi!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete