Friday 22 June 2012

Fun in the Sun - Monochrome yellow

Yellow is one of my two favourite colours - the other is orange.  I don't often create cards using yellow as I often have trouble finding yellow embellishments.  However, when I went through my stash I was surprised at how much yellow that I did have (or using copics could turn into a yellow embellishment!).   The details of this challenge can be found here:
http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/dare-to-be-sassy-thursday-130.html

So after finding that I had alot more yellow than I thought I had, I set to creating this card:


Having yellow roses (at least after I coloured some white ribbon roses with Y08 they were yellow!), I knew which image I had to use to go with them.  I love this image from Sassy Studio Designs.  She is called Crissy's Prom.   I have also used some yellow scrapbook papers from my stash.  One of them had some blue on it which didn't sit right with the rest of the card so I went over the blue with Y08 and it toned the blue down considerably.  I have added some yellow grosgrain ribbon to the left hand side of the card and layered some lemon coloured lace over the top.

Working with one of my favourite colours as well as one of my favourite images, I really enjoyed creating this card.  If it wasn't for this challenge, I probably wouldn't have created this card yet I am really pleased with it so whoever came up with this challenge - thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Suze! You did a great job coloring those roses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Sassy.
    Hugz,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Job ............................Thanks for joining us for Dare to be Sassy thursdays!!!!!!

    SOMA
    SSD (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done!
    Thank you for joining us in this weeks challenge over at Sassy Studio Designs! Good Luck on the draw!
    Ruza - SSD DT

    ReplyDelete