Saturday 9 June 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - sentiment only

The challenge at Christmas Card Challenge this time was to use a sentiment only. 

http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.co.nz/2012/06/2012-christmas-card-challenge-week-27.html

Although they say the challenge is optional, I feel I'm not really challenging myself if I do my own thing!  So, here is my take on this challenge:



I have used a background paper from My Minds Eye - Winter Papers.  I have 'wrapped it like a present' with green ribbon from American Crafts.  The sentiment that I have used is one from Cre8tive Hands and is matted with another paper from the My Minds Eye - Winter Papers pack.  The sentiment and matt have been die-cut using a Spellbinders Die - Labels 18.  The sentiment has been coloured with copic makers to tie in with the background paper. 

Whilst I normally 'must have' an image, I quite enjoyed working with just a sentiment this time.  I am please with the effect that I achieved using just a few items. 

I consider that I have kept it simple (not that that was my original intention), so I am also entering this card in the following challenge:

http://abcchristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/k-is-for-keep-it-simple.html




6 comments:

  1. Cool card, Suze! I like how you matched the sentiment to your paper! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges! Hope you'll play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card love the papers, Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our Keep it Simple Challenge
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really awesome! Those letters are too cool! Thanks for playing along with us at CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card, just perfect for the challenge.
    Thanks for sharing with us @ ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Hugs Sue W GDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card - love how you've made it look like a gift!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, love the way that it looks like a gift with a little tag. I hope that you will join us for our next challenge too. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete