Tuesday 29 May 2012

Dustin Pike - Pikes Playground

Dustin has set a challenge using a sketch this time.  The link to the challenge and sketch is:

http://dustinpike.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/another-sketchy-challenge.html


This is the card, that I created using this sketch:



This card came together really well.  I'm not sure why but when I saw the sketch these colours popped into my mind.  When I looked at this lion image, he fitted my colour scheme perfectly.

I used:

Black card blank
Paper from Bearly Mine Designs
http://bmd-creations.blogspot.co.nz/2010/10/halloween-freebies.html#comment-form
Black cardstock for matting
Doodle Dragon Studios image - Color FBb (freebie from last Pikes Playground challenge)
Yellow grosgrain ribbon
Sentiment from Desert Diva
Copic markers
Clear rhinestones (coloured with copics)

I have also entered this card into the following challenge:
http://bearlymine-challenges.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/wowchallenge-37.html
which is an Animal Kingdom challenge (must feature an animal and a Bearly Mine Designs paper)


4 comments:

  1. Hi Suze
    What a fun card. I love your image and of course the fabulous papers used.
    Thank you so much for entering our Challenge and Bearly Mine this week. Good luck with the Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, thanks for playing along with us at Pike's Playground.
    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Suze... the lion has certainly been popular! Thanks for playing at "Pike's Playground" this challenge.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  4. fab card. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground"!

    ReplyDelete