Friday 18 May 2012

Broken Box Stock - polka dots

This week we have moved on from stripes to polka dots:

http://brokenboxstock.blogspot.co.nz/2012/05/polka-dot-challenge.html

I found this really cute Broken Box stock image called Val who just seemed to fit with the polka dots.  Here is what I created with her:




I have used a couple of polka dot papers that were freebies from Vintage Digital.  The circle has been cut from the same cardstock as the card blank.  The matt is from a piece of blue cardstock.  I have coloured Val using copic markers E000 (skin) RV10 (cheeks) BG05 (pants and heart) RV02 (t-shirt) and E43 (hair and shoes).  To finish this card, I added a piece of grosgrain ribbon (American crafts) and constructed a flower from pieces in a Glam Creations tub. 

I bought this tub of flower pieces at a craft expo a couple of years ago and thought they might come in handy some time.  I hadn't used many of them but since I discovered that I could colour them with copics they are getting much more use!  These particular ones started off life as cream with red tip (now BG05) and white with red centre (RV02).  I have added a blue rhinestone to the centre of the smaller flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment